Saturday, February 10, 2007

Springtime Flasher Part Deux

I tried on every Trench there ever was. Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Macys. I hit all the botiques too. Then the thrift stores hoping to get lucky. I did. A vintage Burberry Trench for $68! And i do love love love it! The people were excited i was buying it for $68. They weren't sure if they could sell it for that much! They told me this after my card was swiped. They knew it was designer. So they asked for more than usual. I said but do they know how much a new Burberry trench cost? I told them. They were shocked. Did i mention that the coat is in mint condition?!!! And the tag is Burberry for Harrods. So i know it traveled from London! I also got a broach and burberry silk scarf. (All scarves are priced at $7. All scarves!) The moral of the story, dont forget the little thrift shops on the otherside of town. They may hold those hidden treasures!

No comments: